Re: PGP in Eudora and other mail programs

>I suspect that John-Doe will go through the normal new-product cycle --
>discovery of bugs, slight improvements, and then better integration of user
>needs. Ultimately, as the product matures, I think that Steve's John Doe
>will be seen as a revolutionary development in privacy equal to (in a far
>less technical but more end-user way) PZ's original PGP.

I really don't want to blow my own horn, but Private Idaho is much more than
a PGP shell.  It has supported remailer operations since it first appeared
nearly a year ago.  It also started supporting the c2 nym server several
months ago. With no disrespect meant to tallpaul or Steve, I hardly think
John Doe is revolutionary.  I certainly don't consider Private Idaho to be
anything other than an efficient, free shell for Windows users to enhance
their privacy.  And, I have yet to see a crypto/privacy "killer app."

I am glad though, to see that other people are going beyond PGP shells and
starting to write privacy-oriented applications that use the remailers and
nym servers.  Keeps me on my toes with new Private Idaho features.  But more
importantly, the more tools that are out there, the more people will be
using them.

I've always maintained that the interface is the gating factor to the
wide-spread adoption of a technology.

Joel