RE: Microsoft's CryptoAPI - thoughts?

>>What does everyone think about this? Perhaps I already missed the boat, but
>>I just found out about it. How would international apps work? Would a data
>>file encrypted with an app compiled with a US-only CSP (cryptographic
>>service provider) be able to be loaded by a European equivalent app?
>>
>>[Info can be found at: http://www.microsoft.com/intdev/inttech/cryptapi.htm]

I too would be interested in any insights some of the folks here might have
on this API.
It would seem to me that in light of some of the discussions on this list
recently concerning the perversity of ITAR, that this API could easily run
afoul of it.

I've seen a brief article on it in pcweek and was suprised I'd not seen it
here yet. Perhaps I just missed it. I hate to say good things about M$, but
they certainly have the pull to perhaps get an API through.

amp