Re: more RANTING about NSA-friendly cpunks

At  1:04 PM 1/28/96 -0800, Vladimir Z. Nuri wrote:
>Zimmermann supports my contention, as I wrote in the post. NOTHING
>happened to him. it is conceivable this same result could have
>been arrived at (government drops investigation) if he never even
>hired a lawyer.
>
>Zimmermann is a perfect example of what may be counterproductive
>hysteria on *our* side, toward advancing crypto. if Zimmermann
>cannot be prosecuted, and is not prosecuted, where are the ITAR "teeth"???

I am not a lawyer, but I suspect that the proscuters gave up because they
could not build a trail of evidence between Zimmermann and the actual
export.  After all, Zimmermann only wrote PGP.  He didn't post it on the
net.

Bill Frantz                   Periwinkle  --  Computer Consulting
(408)356-8506                 16345 Englewood Ave.
[email protected]             Los Gatos, CA 95032, USA