Re: Denning's misleading statements

Timothy C. May writes:
> One of the interesting things about the whole crypto debate, going back at
> least to the Clipper announcement (and actually some months before) has
> been that the pro-restrictions, pro-GAK side of the argument has almost no
> defenders! Except for David Sternlight, Dorothy Denning, and Donn Parker
> ("attack of the killer Ds"?), there are almost no public spokesmen for the
> pro-restriction, pro-GAK side.

Well, not really. Silvio Micali did some work on this topic. We also
get the lovely folks from the FBI making their public appeals (replete
with references to snuff films and other nonexistant threats), and Stu
Baker, former NSA official, does his periodic "insult the nerds"
schtick. There are others. The point is taken, though.

Perry