Re: The French do some things right...

At 09:01 PM 1/26/96 -0800, Timothy C. May wrote:

>One thing I have been hoping for as America's scandal-fixated society asks
>whether Bill inhaled, whether Rush has a mistress, whether Madonna's
>grandmother is really shacked up with a 19-year-old musician...one thing I
>have been hoping for is that the American public will say "Enough!"

This is one I've never worried about.  As I look around at work and see the
disorderd personal lives and body piercings of my fellow workers, it is
obvious that the amount of that sort of social control that is being applied
is way down.  And since fewer and fewer of us will have to (be able to) work
for large soulless bureacracies as these things are ruthlessly downsized by
the market, we will have much greater choice of employers.  One would have
to be really way out  on one of the unfortunate tails of a bell curve
distribution to be unable to find someone to work with.

DCF