"Radio Free Cyberspace" and the "Silicon Curtain"

At 12:25 PM 1/29/96, Dr. Dimitri Vulis wrote:

>So, develop the tools to make the (illegal) flow of information easier and
>the prosecution more difficult. E.g., the former Soviet Union couldn't stop
>its people from listening to Western propaganda on short-wave radio,
>although it was illegal, and more repressive governments did confiscate all
>short-wave radios in the past.

If I were a PR sort of person, and interested in funding a "liberation
channel" into the countries behind the "Silicon Curtain," I'd think about a
catchy name for the program.

Not radio, of course, just a nod to the olden days of "Radio Free Europe"
and "Voice of America" (which was, unfortunately, partly staffed by former
members of the Mobile Killing Squads which rounded up Russian Jews).

--Tim

Boycott espionage-enabled software!