Re: FV Demonstrates Fatal Flaw in Software Encryption of Credit

Someone claiming to be "Nathanial Borenstein" writes:
> As you may already have heard via the popular press, First Virtual
> Holdings has developed and demonstrated a program which completely
> undermines the security of every known credit-card encryption mechanism
> for Internet commerce.

[...]

I started reading this thinking it was actually something important. All it describes
is a keyboard monitor, which greps for CC#s, and which could be spread by an
(unspecified) virus, and sends the output to a crook over the net by some (unspecified)
mechanism.

So, what else is new?

[...]

> Nathaniel Borenstein <[email protected]>
>Chief Scientist, First Virtual Holdings
>FAQ & PGP key: [email protected]

It's sort of interesting that "Nathaniel Borenstein" has a PGP key, but failed to
clearsign this message, which loudly trumpets it's great import. Considering the
lack of actual content, I feel compelled to warn readers that this may be a forgery,
designed to make him look like he's scaremongering.

strictly speaking for myself

Peter Trei
[email protected]

Peter Trei