Re: The FV Problem = A Press Problem

Responding to msg by [email protected] (t byfield) on Tue, 30
Jan  3:49 PM

>        Chomsky took the phrase from a book by Walter
>Lippman, published I  think in 1922; the book's name
>escapes me now.

Would that be "Public Opinion?"

If so, that's an interesting progression: Bernays to Lippman to
Chomsky: PR begets PO begets ...  How would the
politico-linguist's advocacy be characterized, PR, PO or
whatever is evolving parasitically from hegemonic, ever
manipulative media?

All the variations of MCI-MS-News-Oracles, global combos and
recombos burgeoning and emerging.

All the promising, braying, dreaming, lying, manipulating
markets and investors reminds of Lippman's and Bernay's and
Chomsky's warnings about evil-doers causing the sky to fall.