[noise] Re: Escrowing Viewing and Reading Habits with the Governmen

In message <[email protected]>,
  Alan Horowitz wrote:

> > > Do you really think that the FBI foreign counter-intelligence squad has
> > > nothing better to do than keep a database of who is reading Che Guevara
> > > memoirs?
> >
> > Heck, I remember this was a big issue about 15 years ago. Try asking
> > someone who was active in library science in the late 70's, early 80's.
>
>     I did. They said you're wrong. Shall we start a CP flame-war of
> unattributed allegations from librarians who will recall what *they
> thought* the FBI is interested in?

Should we instead start a CP flame war involving unattributed
allegations from librarians who are being monitored by aliens who will
recall crop circles in the microfiche?

I presume all this interest was brought about by several (relatively)
recent uses of the (alleged) information about FBI monitoring of
libraries?

What the hell, I wanted to own a copy of Applied Cryptography anyway.

--
Packrat (BSc/BE;COSO;Wombat Admin)
Nihil illegitemi carborvndvm.