Re: Noise and the Nature of Mailing Lists

[email protected] (Timothy C. May) writes:
>And remember, it's a whole lot easier using filters and reading tools to
>reduce the volume of messages on an active group than it is to get an
>inactive group up to critical mass!

Yes, definitely! I'm sending this note to remind people that they can
also read Cypherpunks via NNTP, at
  nntp://nntp.hks.net/hks.lists.cypherpunks/

There are several programs that can read newsgroups on other NNTP
servers. I use Emacs Gnus, which has an excellent set of filtering tools.
Cypherpunks would be a lot harder to read without it. It'd be easier
to read if everyone preserved the References: headers, btw.

(thanks, hks.net!)