Re: CelBomb

On Sun, 7 Jan 1996, John Young wrote:

>    The New York Post, Jan 6, 1996. By Uri Dan from Jerusalem
>
>    Palestinian police said Ayash [The Engineer] was killed
>    north of Gaza City when he answered a call on a cell
>    phone rigged with two ounces of explosives.
>
>    Israeli sources said the phone had been secretly traded for
>    Ayash's real phone -- and the explosion was triggered by
>    remote control once it was determined he was on the line.

This is misleading.  The Engineer was known to be surrounded by
cellphones all the time.  Many of his closer supporters would take calls
for him on their phones and hand the phone over for him to talk on.  This
is why the ploy worked.  No real way to notice that his "regular" phone
was exchanged for a new shiny one with a bulging battery pack or somesuch.

>    No brand name given, however, another source writes that
>    Mot runs the IL cel net. So use that neat audio-vox
>    wire on MicroTAC Elites only with paid-up Shin Bet dues,
>    absent TS-immunization.

---
My prefered and soon to be permanent e-mail address: [email protected]
"In fact, had Bancroft not existed,       potestas scientiae in usu est
Franklin might have had to invent him."    in nihilum nil posse reverti
00B9289C28DC0E55  E16D5378B81E1C96 - Finger for Current Key Information