Re: Wipe Swap File

Tim May writes:

> Much more expensive would be various electron microscope-based imaging
> methods to directly image the domains and extract subtle signs of past
> write cycles.

I recently took a tour of Park Scientific, the scanning-probe
microscopy people, in Sunnyvale.  One of their demo-stations
showed a small portion of a hard disk (taken with an AFM
tip fitted with a small magnet to generate the force).  Most
impressive.  (I did look closely at the edges of the track,
but saw no sign of previous writes.)

Cheers,
Peter Monta   [email protected]
Qualcomm, Inc./Globalstar