Active processes monitoring?

Hi!

I'm running on a first generation 486 ISA 4meg ram Win 3.11

I use realdeal /commercial  and wipeswap.exe in an *.bat that launch Win3.11

How can I detect if another process is running on my system?

I use MEM /c in a dos window.  But is that sufficient?

Can a hidden process detect MEM loading and hide itself somehow?

Are there others applications like MEM that are not as universal?
(here, I guess that such stealth behaviour have to rely on identifying the
program being loaded, thus, a less common program has less chance of
being fooled)

Thanks

JFA