RE: Don't type your yes/fraud response into your computer

>Nice try - but the virtual machine model used by intel supports interception
>of I/O operations.

(something educating prior generations how to apply a near vacuum to shelled
embryos).

Sure it does - why it is essential for protective activity to begin while
the system is still in REAL mode following boot. Might also need to write
a .VXD (horrors)

>I still think the basic 'if the machine is not secure all bets are off'
>premis stands.

Oh I agree, just believe that software can make a machine secure (or at
least detect when security cannot be assured which is almost as good).

Might I suggest you take a look at the "safe PC" discussions on Virus-L c.a
1989-1990. We were talking about virus protection then but is the same
thing. Believe it or not, we even had real and protected mode discussions
back in those days while we were waiting for Noah (only guy who ever took
out a cattle boat and wound up half-way up a mountain...).

					Warmly,
						Padgett