Re: cypherpunks press

> Could someone please explain to me why Mitnick is a cypherpunk issue?
> Myself, I have neither sympathy nor lack of sympathy for the
> Markoff-Shimomura "pr extravaganza", see no "cypherpunk" opinion on
> the subject, and don't see any reason we should, as a group, discuss
> or care about the topic.

I'm sure glad that you don't run this list, Perry, but it seems that you
think you do.  I, for one, get rather tired of your seemingly endless
attempts at censoring what *you* think is and isn't relevent to the list.
I see it as a cypherpunk issue, insofar as it deals with the issues of
tracking down crackers, but I don't expect you to make the connection,
since I guess the word "encryption" didn't figure prominently in the post
and the connection isn't immediately obvious to the most casual observer,
causing you to foam at the mouth and gush all over the list about "the
relevence to the cypherpunks list" nonsense.  Can someone please explain
to me why *your* posts whining about the lack of relevence of certain
posts are relevent?  Why don't you take your own advice?

I've got a better idea -- why don't you start your own list?  That way,
you can moderate to your heart's content and I don't have to see any more
whining messages from you about what is and isn't "relevent".

Why don't you go and write some code?  Put those busy fingers to better
use than to try and write pithy flames in an attempt to sound "cool" and
call attention to yourself as the self-appointed censor of cypherpynks.
--
Ed Carp, N7EKG    			[email protected], [email protected]
					214/993-3935 voicemail/digital pager

"Past the wounds of childhood, past the fallen dreams and the broken families,
through the hurt and the loss and the agony only the night ever hears, is a
waiting soul.  Patient, permanent, abundant, it opens its infinite heart and
asks only one thing of you ... 'Remember who it is you really are.'"

                    -- "Losing Your Mind", Karen Alexander and Rick Boyes

The mark of a good conspiracy theory is its untestability.
		    -- Andrew Spring