Top this one

>Hell, UNC had its entire comms room taken out by a steam pipe breaking
>caused by a water main bursting. Haven't there been any advances in
>technology since the 40s?

At a place I worked once upon a time, long, long ago. We had an "advanced
projects laboratory" which was considered essential. It had its own
mains power drop, a massive diesel generator, and a room full of lead-acid
batteries for redundant backup in case the diesel didn't start.

Dump truck lost its brakes, hit a power pole which fell on the generator
shed, crushing the roof onto the diesel, incidently rupturing the coolant/
water pipes which flooded the adjacent battery room (batteries were in a
well to contain the acid if it leaked. Well filled.)

							P.fla