Re: The V-Chip glass is half full

[email protected] (Bill Frantz) wrote:
> With some luck, we will be able to see on TV what we can now see in the
> movie theater, and the prudes will screen it out with the V-Chip the same
> way they now screen it out with the movie rating.  Everyone is (more or
> less) happy.

Maybe the courts will rule that if people put an X-rated header flag on
their web pages then it's legal because concerned parents can have SurfWatch
block it.  The result of that would probably be that a large percentage of
sites would mark their content X-rated just so they are off the hook
legally, whether or not they really have anything pornographic.  But I can
live with that.

--                  xx
                    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx*####w
|~~ |  |  /~~ | /   XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx#####*       |~~ \  /  /\  |\  |
|~~ |  | <    |<    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx*####o o     |-   ><  <  > | \ |
                    XXXXX:,                          o
                    9P^"',