Re: Strange Sounds of Silence

On Sat, 10 Feb 1996, Alan Pugh wrote:

> The Strange Sounds of Silence
>
> Has anyone else out there noticed the strange sounds of silence
> emmanating from the american print and broadcast media concerning the
> rider attached to the Telecommunications Act recently signed by
> President Clinton known as the CDA (Communications Decency Act)?

Are you sure? The coverage has been wall to wall out here (Bay area);
front page above the fold, business pages, computer columns, editorials
and editorial cartoons. Apparently it's the same level of coverage back
in the RTP.

What part of the country are you in? I guess the coverage is different
in the major geek zones like the bay area and RTP

Simon