Re: Strange Sounds of Silence

>Alan Pugh writes:
> > Has anyone else out there noticed the strange sounds of silence
> > emmanating from the american print and broadcast media concerning the
> > rider attached to the Telecommunications Act recently signed by
> > President Clinton known as the CDA (Communications Decency Act)?
>
>I always hear it referred to as "provisions which would ban
>pornography on the Internet" or "new laws that prohibit sending
>X-rated materials to children on the Internet".

Same here.  The only dissenting voice was ABC and even then it wasn't the
expose that we would hope for.  I live in Southern California.

lunaslide

"Prohibition... goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to
control a man's appetite by legislation and makes a crime out of things
that are not crimes... A prohibition law strikes a blow at the very
principles upon which our government was founded."
- -- Abraham Lincoln

On the meridian of time there is no injustice, only the poetry of motion
creating the illusion of truth and drama.
                                                Henry Miller