re: Regulation of citizen-alien communications

Somebody wrote:

>>> Gov does have the right (in fact the duty) to regulate communications
>>> between citizens and non-citizens/sites in other lands
>
>>(not wishing to start a flamewar) Why do you think so ?

and Padgett replied:

>"...provide for the common defense"
>"To regulate Commerce with foreign nations..."
>"...or in adhering to their enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort."

I agree with the first point.
My english is not sufficient to understand point three.

Govts have no powers on other govts.
So why in the hell would it be the job of govt to regulate commerce with foreign
nations?

They might help their citizens (seing that their rights and terms of any contract are
respected, but calling what they do "regulating commerce btwn nations" is an euphemism
for holding international businessman on a leash!

Regards to all Cyphering Punks

JFA

And personnal comment to Padgett:
Backward, you said?  Nahhh...  :)