Re: Regulation of citizen-alien communications

Padgett writes:
> Gov does have the right (in fact the duty) to regulate communications
> between citizens and non-citizens/sites in other lands
[...and later...]
> "...provide for the common defense"
> "To regulate Commerce with foreign nations..."
> "...or in adhering to their enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort."
>
> There are the bytes - try reading them in context.

Familiar phrases indeed. Now, it seems to me that the Commerce Clause and
other Constitutional portions you cited could apply as well to
communications between two U.S. citizens inside the U.S. as they do to the
citizen-alien communications you mentioned. Yet if I read you correctly
earlier, you don't think the USG has the right to regulate those
communications. Why the distinction ?

-Lewis	"You're always disappointed, nothing seems to keep you high -- drive
	your bargains, push your papers, win your medals, fuck your strangers;
	don't it leave you on the empty side ?"  (Joni Mitchell, 1972)