V-chips

Bill rote:
>One thing the V-Chip gives us is the argument:  Now that parents have the
>ability to control what their children watch, the government should turn
>responsibility over to them and butt out.

Hmmm, thought - network TV is declining badly (I like AMC & Discovery
channel myself). FCC rules are somewhat limiting and 5-year-old mentalities
rarely have much disposable income.

Cable is taking off because FCC restrictions do not apply. Would the
V-chip free the networks to allow *more* S&V^H^H^H"adult content" ? Where
is the lobbying/money coming from ?
						Warmly,
							Padgett

ps still suspect that both the V-chip and CC are simple chip design changes
   that do not need to add any cost.