Free end-to-end encryption code?

> As a side project, to support remote mail and news pickup through the
> Internet to my company's servers (through a firewall), I've been
> slowly writing an end-to-end encryption program. Essentially, the idea

Sounds like something that could be directly done with ssh
[http://www.cs.hut.fi/ssh] using TCP/IP forwarding.  I've myself used
it to encrypt the connection to the smtp port on a remote server.
I configured sendmail to use "localhost" as the major relay host,
disabled the sendmail daemon, and ran sendmail from cron to process
the queue every now and then.  Incoming mail was fetched via ssh from
a remote file server using a couple of small scripts.

    Tatu