Cypherpunks vs. Coderpunks

Much has been written by people about the "appropriate themes" of the
Cypherpunks list. I'm sure I don't need to remind you all of this ongoing
debate.

Well, the "coders" have formed their own list, closed to non-coders, and
known as "Coderpunks." More power to them. (Archives of this list may now
be found at Todd Masco's site: http://www.hks.net/cpunks/index.html.

Apparently the Cyphepunks list is thus being left to those of us who either
don't want to code, or have no skills at coding, or who think the
sociopolitical issues are more interesting.

It may turn out that the "gated community" of Coderpunks is ultimately more
influential, and that the "favela" of Cypherpunks is filled with the rants
and raves about "Assasination Politics," who deserved to be nuked in WW II,
whether Vince Foster was killed by the NSA or the Mossad, and so forth.

Whatever, this ought to once and for all answer the question of whether
only _coding_ topics alone belong on Cypherpunks: the answer is, clearly,
that they _don't_. If you want to discuss coding, go over to Coderpunks and
see if you have the magic password that gets you in. Otherwise, we have
political rants over here to get back to.

(ObPerry: "What does this have to do with crypto or coding?" ObAnswer:
"Nothing, this is Cypherpunks, not Coderpunks.")

--Tim May, an unelected spokesman of the Cypherpunk Ghetto (tm)

Boycott espionage-enabled software!