No Subject

}        The headline in the Toronto Star this morning is "'SMART CARD'
}HERE WITHIN YEAR"
}        The idea is to have everyone in Ontario have a 'smart card' that
}will "keep track of everything from mammograms to speeding tickets". This
}card will "replace the existing health card, drivers's licence, social
}assistance identification, drug card, and senior identification".

Very convienient.  Why don't they just put bar codes on our foreheads at
birth and get it over with?

Seriously, what I want to know is how they plan to make one set of
information (drivers licence, soc security number) inaccessable to other
institutions like health and pharmacy.  This is even more of a concern if
the card becomes a method of payment.  Would each have it's own secret key
that would unlock only the relavent info?  That would be a big keyring.
Access time for a key and keeping the keys up to date in all the databases
around the country would have to be done.

lunaslide

"Prohibition... goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to
control a man's appetite by legislation and makes a crime out of things
that are not crimes... A prohibition law strikes a blow at the very
principles upon which our government was founded."
- -- Abraham Lincoln

On the meridian of time there is no injustice, only the poetry of motion
creating the illusion of truth and drama.
                                                Henry Miller