No Subject

I've just mailed off to Sameer Parekh the January '96 release of the
NRL IPv6 sources.  For those not in the know, this code implements the
IPsec protocol for both IPv4 and IPv6. IPsec is a cryptographic
protocol for securing IP datagrams -- it is now an IETF Proposed
Standard, defined in RFCs 1825-1829.

The code probably could use some work, but its not bad and a
reasonable start for all sorts of work.  This is a new version that
reportedly has lots of bug fixes -- I'm also given the impression it
may be the last NRL release of this code because the people doing the
work have left there -- if it gets adopted by the BSD community, it
will probably end up integrated into future NetBSD, BSDI and FreeBSDs,
which would be where to look for future releases.

The code should drop into BSDI almost out of the box -- it requires
more work for NetBSD and FreeBSD.

Perry

PS Sorry to interrupt the discussion of the sex life of the Aloe Vera
plant with something as irrelevant as cryptography. I can't resist
sometimes.