Re: Online Zakat Payment: Religious tithe.

On Mon, 12 Feb 1996, Timothy C. May wrote:

> At 10:07 PM 2/12/96, Steven C. Perkins wrote:
> Once again, the gutter religion of Islam reveals the derangement of its
> so-called Prophet.
>
> The world really needs to get around to nuking these folks.

Oh, Come now!  Islam may in its present form be a religion deeply hostile
to liberty.  But since "nuking" the whole Islamic world would not be
itself much of a defence of freedom, the only long term answer is to
promote within Islam the same kind of Reformation as eventually made
Christianity half decent.  And Tim's comments do not contribute to that.
I don't know how many internet servers there are in the Middle East.
But, if I were an intelligent fundamentalist, I'd be copying it all over
the place.  "Look", I'd be saying, "these people really do mean another
crusade to destroy us and our faith".

I can understand Tim's disgust with these people.  But I do question his
manner of expressing it.