Re: Spin Control Alert (LI Newsday, 2/12/96)

"Declan B. McCullagh" <[email protected]> said:

DBM> (I assume your Bible argument is just posturing. No
DBM> U.S. Attorney, political appointees they, ever will prosecute
DBM> someone who puts the complete text of the King James Bible
DBM> online.)

	You assume wrong.  While I certainly agree that no
U.S. Attorney would voluntarily prosecute such a case, what happens
when an athiest files charges against someone for carrying the Bible?
IANAL, but couldn't the U.S. Attorney be forced to prosecute?
Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks so, since it has been
reported (on this list by Tim Philp from a Toronto Star article) that
the Bible has been removed from at least one Web site, presumably due
to fear of prosecution.

--
#include <disclaimer.h>                               /* Sten Drescher */
Unsolicited email advertisements will be proofread for a US$100/page fee.