Canada (was Re: Regulation of citizen-alien communications (Was: Choices))

[Attributions lost in the flow]

> >Oh?  You mean that I can get busted for giving my Canadian spouse a copy
> >of PGP?
> >

> Nah - Canada is America's 51st state :-)

Until you try to bring your laptop back across the border.

On a recent trip, I was actually stopped at customs and asked about my 4
year old Dell.  Of course, I had purchased it in the US, but I didn't even
want to think about the .. er .. things that I had on the hard drive.

Linux with pgp, cfs, ssh, and a number of other interesting packages
installed.

Should I have been worried?

yup