Re: anonymous age credentials, sharing of

On Thu, 15 Feb 1996, gw wrote:

> the People, want to support permanently binding a traceable, non-anonymous
> identity to all certificate attributes that are used in electronic exchange
> (age, etc...) then there is going to be the potential for someone to
> deliberately allow their credential to be misused.
>
> IMO, to prevent this totally would require implanting a non-forgable i.d.
> chip in everyone at birth ..... not very appealing.

And even then, what about the people that undergo surgery to swap chips?

The only REAL way of authentication is biometrics.  Anything else can be
swapped.  But if you amputate someone's hand or retinas then they won't
work(check for things like blood flow, etc.)

Ben.
____
"If what Proust says is true, that happiness is the absence of fever, then
I will never know happiness. For I am possessed by a fever for knowledge,
experience, and creation."                                      -Anais Nin
PGP Encrypted Mail Welcomed      Finger [email protected] for key
Want to give a soon-to-be college grad a job?         Mail me for a resume