Re: ITAR Amended to Allow Personal Use Exemptions

At 07:28 PM 2/16/96 -0500, Adam Shostack <[email protected]> wrote:
>Since we don't need a license, what records are we supposed to keep?

>| The product must
>| not be intended for copying, demonstration, marketing, sale, re-export,
>| or transfer of ownership or control.  It must remain in the possession
>| of the exporting person, which includes being locked in a hotel room or
safe.

So does wearing the RSA T-shirt count as "demonstration"?  Or would you have
to show people how the perl code works?  Or are you still not allowed to
let foreigners see it, even though you're allowed to wear it?

I suppose wearing the T-shirt _to_ a demonstration would be illegal?  :-)

#--
#				Thanks;  Bill
# Bill Stewart, [email protected] / [email protected] +1-415-442-2215
# http://www.idiom.com/~wcs     Pager +1-408-787-1281

! Frank Zappa for President !