Re: REM_ote

John Young writes:

>    2-23-96. WSJ:
>
>    "H-P Acquires Most of Internet Security Firm."
>
>       SecureWare technology is used by the Pentagon to
>       safeguard transmission of military secrets. The firm's
>       team of about 40 programmers is "a substantial fraction
>       of the hired guns available in the on-line security
>       world" who snake oil an extra virgin security that not
>       even hackers can cross. Hackers would question that;
>       they have a remarkable history of eventually figuring
>       out ways to get past advances in faked chastity.

For the record, this includes me (Yes, I work for HP now).  Please
note that most of the story content is, if not wrong, at least poorly
stated -- so what else is new?  Also, the specific quotes there --
including the "hired gun" quote above -- are from an "industry analyst"
not from anyone at either HP or SecureWare.

-- Jeff (Hired gun?  I guess so.  But who isn't?)