Re: NSA agent arrested

At 6:51 PM 2/23/96, Mike Tighe wrote:

>Yeah, I got his name but was not sure of the spelling. Robert Steven
>something. Lives in Millersville, PA. I think he is retired. Looks like a
>victim of the cozying relationship between the FBI and the KGB-whatever
>they call themselves nowadays.

Lipka. Details are in the usual news sources, such as Reuters
(http://www.excite.com/Bulletin/), under Net Directory in Netscape.

No CP relevance that I can see, except that Lipka didn't use remailers to
protect his identity when he tried to reestablish contact with the Soviets
()who were actually FBI).

Lipka was a low-level 20-year-old when he worked for the Army, probably
assigned to the Army Security Agency (considered part of the NSA).

--Tim May

Boycott "Big Brother Inside" software!