Re: The "excrable" e$

On Sat, 24 Feb 1996 10:25:37 -0500, [email protected] (Robert Hettinga) said:

RH> Speaking of trademarks, I had hoped that by using "e$" everywhere
RH> that we could avoid such legal mechanations, in the same vein that
RH> various mathematical notation schemes cannot be copyrighted (I
RH> think). For the lawyers out there, is it possible to do the
RH> equivalent of a GNU GPL "copy-left" with a potential trademark
RH> like "e$"?  If it is, I'd like to do that. Ubiquity is power, and
RH> all that, "excrable" symbols and all...

	Well, since a copyleft is just a copyright (legally) under a
different name, I don't see any reason that you couldn't 'sharemark'
"e$" under the trademark conditions.  Only 'problem' is that if you
don't defend a trademark, it can become public domain, but then,
that's what we want, right?

--
#include <disclaimer.h>                               /* Sten Drescher */
Unsolicited email advertisements will be proofread for a US$100/page fee.