Re: Web Browsers and Anonymous Mail

I wrote:
# I would prefer not to reimplement SMTP using the Socket class in my own
# applets. Ideally I'd like to have an applet that presents a form with some
# entry boxes and check boxes, quantizes and encrypts the input according to
# the check box settings, and spews the resulting byte streams to the MTA.

Jeff Weinstein writes:
>   We do not curently allow Java to get access to our mail subsystem.

Hmmm.  Can I write an applet that reads form input, processes it, dumps the
output to an applet window, and tells the user to cut & paste it into a
Netscape mail sending window ?  That would be a messier solution than I'd
like, but still decent.

Thanks
-Lewis	"You're always disappointed, nothing seems to keep you high -- drive
	your bargains, push your papers, win your medals, fuck your strangers;
	don't it leave you on the empty side ?"  (Joni Mitchell, 1972)