Re: Benefits of the V-Chip

At 10:11 AM 2/9/96 -0500, [email protected] (Clay Olbon II) wrote:
>There is one potential side-benefit to the V-chip -- The inverse-V-chip
..
>I am looking forward to a time when I will never, even accidentally, have
>my TV tuned to "Full House" ;-)

Just as many people program their televisions using VCR-Plus codes to
record the shows they want (using TV Guide as a rating service)
it would be easy for any rating service to publish a list of the
codes for Approved Shows, Banned Shows, Rated-by-interestingness shows, etc.
without putting any government-mandated rating chip in the TVs
or forcing the TV producers to rate them (which also has a chilling
effect on the shows produced.)
#--
#				Thanks;  Bill
# Bill Stewart, [email protected] / [email protected] +1-415-442-2215
# http://www.idiom.com/~wcs