Re: Anonymous Web Browsing

At 5:24 AM 3/2/96, [email protected] wrote:
>        Hi guys..... I'm new here and I don't have the same technical
>expertise as I am witnessing with most of the other posters here.

>        My question is this:  Would it be possible to create a web site that
>would function along the same lines as remailers do?  Something that would
>allow a person to browse anonymously.   So lets say I surfed into a

These are "web proxies," and searching on this should produce some
information to answer your questions.

Most of us, I think, are not using them.

Your intuitions are correct, that protection steps are needed. The
technology is developing, but the perceived need (anonymous browsing) is
probably less than the perceived need for anonymous e-mail.

--Tim May

Boycott "Big Brother Inside" software!