Re: Cryptanalysis

At 11:11 PM 3/1/96 -0800, Timothy C. May wrote:

>>>* The journal "Cryptologia" is largely devoted to amateur cryptanalysis.
>>
>>The web info for back issues listed a web page from a publisher that had no
>>listing for them on the server.  I will be sending mail to get more info...
>
>Last I checked, Tony Patti was still the editor. Not all things are on the
>Web in serious ways, obviously. I had no problems finding copies in my
>local university library (UC Santa Cruz), but it was several years ago that
>I last checked (conventional cryptanalysis not being very germane and all).
>Reed College might have copies.

My mistake...  The publication I was thinking of was "the Journal of
Cryptology".  They reference Springer-Verlag New York Inc. as the source for
back issues, but there is no listing on the linked web page for that journal
and the search engine returns nothing for that journal.  (They do have a few
other things of interest however...)

The time spent was not a loss...  I found a number of interesting things on
the web and recieved a number of pointers to books I was not aware of and
are not listed in any of the FAQs.

The best site I found was at:

http://mnementh.cs.adfa.oz.au/htbin/bib_lpb

It is for Lawries Cryptography Bibliography.  It contains a search engine to
a large listing of crypto articles.  Worth checking out.
---
Alan Olsen -- [email protected] -- Contract Web Design & Instruction
        `finger -l [email protected]` for PGP 2.6.2 key
                http://www.teleport.com/~alano/
  "We had to destroy the Internet in order to save it." - Sen. Exon
"I, Caligula Clinton... In the name of the Senate and the people of Rome!"
   - Bill Clinton signing the CDA with the First Amendment bent over.