Netcom and Credit Cards

At 5:32 PM 3/2/96, Dr. Dimitri Vulis wrote:
>(I'd never deal with an ISP who doesn't accept checks or money orders.
>And I mean checks, not automatic withdrawals from a checking account.)

For the record, Netcom has always accepted personal checks mailed in to
them. The credit card debit was offered as a convenience to those who
wanted it; it was and remains optional.

The "credit card numbers were stolen" point, that I believe Ed Carp was
referring to, had to do with the Mitnick affair, and is very old news.

I no longer use Netcom as my primary account, but thought some
misconceptions needed correcting.

I don't plan to debate the merits of Netcom, Mitnick, etc., and will post
no more on this topic.

--Tim May

Boycott "Big Brother Inside" software!