Re: NYT login

On Sun, 3 Mar 1996 [email protected] wrote:

> >The tobacco companies need a forum. And they are used to spending big
> >bucks on sponsoring things.
>
> That misses the point. There is no shortage of potential sponsors.
> What these people are asking me is "how much business will Web
> advertising create for me".

This misses another point. The question was, how do *we* pay for this
stuff (emphasis mine).

If someone develops a reasonably easy-to-use and reasonably secure digital
cash micropayment system, then I would be happy to pay to read the New
York Times on the Web. I would rather they were dependent on my money than
R.J. Reynold's.

-rich