Re: (Fwd) White House mail bomb protest?

On Sun, 3 Mar 1996, Deranged Mutant wrote:

> In regards to the few messages about mailbombing the prez's box...
>  Folks:
>
>  Good day.  By way of introduction, I'm the consultant who  did the
>  "anti-mailstorm/anti-mailbomb" software that runs on the MX host for
>  WHITEHOUSE.GOV.  Now that the Telecom. Act of 1996 has been signed,
>  the volume of mail through WHITEHOUSE.GOV has gone up significantly.
>  For example, there were about 85,000 lines in the mail log file yesterday.

[...]

>  Without going into details, if too many messages come from a single site,
>  the mail handler will throttle back accepting messages.

Not only did he go into details, he gave away the show.

---
My prefered and soon to be permanent e-mail address: [email protected]
"In fact, had Bancroft not existed,       potestas scientiae in usu est
Franklin might have had to invent him."    in nihilum nil posse reverti
00B9289C28DC0E55  E16D5378B81E1C96 - Finger for Current Key Information