No Subject

On Wed, 6 Mar 1996, Nelson Minar wrote:

> The thing that bothers me about existing steganography code I've seen
> is that it all uses uncommon communication channels to hide data. For
> instance, the "hide data in a picture" programs: useful, up to a
> point, but how often do I send pictures to other people? I think to be
> effective, methods need to be employed that exploit existing, well
> used communication channels.

Then he sez:

> So here's one idea I've had as a place to hide a channel: network
> video, in particular CU-SeeMe video streams. CU-SeeMe is a lowtech

I think it likely that people will be sending GIFs and JPEGs to each
other far more often than video.  Video is far more an "uncommon
communications channel" than is a uuencoded picture.
--
Ed Carp, N7EKG    			[email protected], [email protected]
					214/993-3935 voicemail/digital pager

"Past the wounds of childhood, past the fallen dreams and the broken families,
through the hurt and the loss and the agony only the night ever hears, is a
waiting soul.  Patient, permanent, abundant, it opens its infinite heart and
asks only one thing of you ... 'Remember who it is you really are.'"

                    -- "Losing Your Mind", Karen Alexander and Rick Boyes

The mark of a good conspiracy theory is its untestability.
		    -- Andrew Spring