What's anyone know about Teledyne Electronic Technologies?

Teledyne (TET) is out marketing a "new" crypto system as a competitor
against DES and what TET calls "linear" cryptosystems.  They are claiming
a non-linear approach in which (as best I can tell) they are permuting
the s-boxes and using 4 bit/16 entry substitution tables.

They are also asserting that these "key generated substitution tables and
inter-round permutations" are supported by "nonlinear orthomorphic
mappings generated from arbitrary key" (and that this is patented) and
"row-complete Latin Squares generated from an arbitrary key" (and that
this is also patented).

The claimed benefits include being invulnerable to differential and
"linear" cryptanalysis, no linear key/data interaction to hide, that this
results in the tables and permutations being "transient/secret," and that
fewer rounds are needed (fewer than what, I don't know) to attain
"resistance to cryptanalysis."

If there's any c'punks who'd care to comment on these notions, I'd very
much appreciate the feedback.  Also, if anyone's actually seen the
algorithm, reviewed it, or knows of published material about these
techniques, I'd also appreciate seeing those posted.  Of course, any
feedback from existing customers of TET would also be great.

Thanks!

|So, I went walking through the street.   |Mark Aldrich                 |
|I saw you strung up in a tree.           |GRCI INFOSEC Engineering     |
|A woman knelt there, said to me,         |[email protected]            |
|Hold your tongue, man, hold your tongue. |[email protected] |
|The author is PGP Empowered.  Public key at:  finger [email protected] |
|    The opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the author     |
|         and my employer gets no credit for them whatsoever.           |