remailers, govmnts, and the Co$

It's one thing that the government runs remailers and they're just really
not nice for doing that and all, but what about other
people/organizations?

I applied for a job at Earthlink in Los Angeles last year, around may or
june. they had been small ISP, but growing fast. they were established by
a 24(?) yr old wizz kid named Sky about july or so of 1994 and were
hiring. they had given me great service aand i was excited about getting
into 'the business'. I went for an interview and talked with the 3 VPs at
the time. I did not talk to sky, the owner. first guy tells me they are
running the biz based on the principles of the church of scientology.
humm.. hands me a huge book published by them. i read the inscription in
the front. "To Sky, happy birthday, love dad". this guy says he's in the
Co$. I talk to the next 2 guys. they have been hired from all over the
country, moved out here and they both tell me they are in the Co$ too.
all 3 VP and the "owner" are tied into the Co$. i turned down their offer
and got another ISP.

I thot back. the thing with anon.penet in finland and the Co$ had been a
couple months before Earthlink started into business. I have watched them
grow incccedibly fast with a huge advertising budget. Read a Wired
magazine or any other computer mag. they're advertising in it. they've
gone national. they're everywhere.

Does Earthlink exist as a reaction to the net controversy and the Co$? I
donno. Are they really owned by the Co$? I donno. Does the Co$ have
access to all the mail that comes across their servers? i donno. Am I
gonna get sued because of this note? I donno.

are you listening?

Conrad Walton
http://www.industrial-artworks.com/
---
 INDUSTRIAL ARTWORKS  |  POB 2815, El Segundo, CA 90245  |  1-310-640-3365