Re: Boycott "Applied Cryptography" and AT&T and RSA

> Bruce Schnier (Author of applied cryptography) and Matt Blaze (Who
> is a crypto bigwig at at&t) have made it clear that they support
> key escrow. Both have written letters in favor of the new crypto
> law, it creates a key escrow system and also other restricts on
> crypto. The letters are on the CDT homepage and i think were
> posted here.
>
> WHAT THE FUCK??????????????????????????????????????????
>
> EFF, EPIC, VTW and almost everyone else (except for Bizdos at RSA, hmmmm)
> have all come out against this piece of shit. But with these so called
> experts baking it it could pass anyway.

Put your 2 brain cells together and think for a minute.

If you read the stuff - you can see that the bill talks about
key-escrow, BUT you can escrow the key with yourself if
you so desire.  It also does not put up any mandates for
key-escrow requirements in encryption systems.
The bill also will force relaxation of the export restrictions.

I hope - you could read and understand that 5 line "executive"
summary.

Dan

Dan Oelke                                  Alcatel Network Systems
[email protected]                             Richardson, TX