Re: Paint Your Own Scarlet Letter (Was: Edited Edupage, 29 Feb 1996)

From:	IN%"[email protected]"  1-MAR-1996 21:54:54.53

>From SafeSurf Rating Page via [email protected] wrote:
>>Thank you for making the Internet a safer place without censorship.
>>Until later, SafeSurfing to you!

	Incidentally, the strategy of simply rating one's page all 9's, if one
is required through some means of rating it at all, has the distinct advantage
of making any system using such filters more annoying to use. (One would, of
course, except any page making a political statement or other material that one
wanted to get out to as wide a number of people as possible).

>(I think I want to start a web search engine looking for pages rated
>SS~~002 9, SS~~004 9, SS~~005 <5, and all the others don't care.)

	A configurable search engine on this basis could be very nice.
	-Allen