Re: Lawz to be.

Matt Blaze said,

> ...but based on discussions I've had with various Senate staffers,
> I'm not optimistic that it will be.

> If you feel strongly about this, I urge you to lobby your Senators
> (and representatives, since there's also a House version of the bill) and
> tell them exactly what you like and don't like about this legislation, as
> I am doing with mine.

It sounds like you're making much better contact with your representatives
than I've ever been able to make with mine.  Whenever I call or write I
have the impression that I'm just talking with a receptionist who either
does nothing with my comment or just puts it on a tally sheet of some
kind.

Do you know something about lobbying that I don't?  Or do your Senators'
staffers know about your reputation as an expert who ought to be listened
to?  When you call up a Senator's office, who do you ask to speak to?
How do you find out which staffer would carry the ball on a particular
issue?

I'm sure we'd all make the effort to lobby if we felt it was making a
difference.