re: PA

At 6:42 PM 3/10/96, "A. Padgett Peterson P.E. Information Security"

> Long enough ago that I have forgotten the citation, I read an even older
> SF story about explosive necklaces worn by politicians. If their
>electronic
> agreement percentage (and think this was in the sixties folks) dropped
> too low, a vacancy occured.

We talked here a while back about the Gilbert & Sullivan operetta where
there was a "court exploder" or something, whose job it was to blow up the
king should the monarch become too egregious in conduct. The limiting
factor was that the "exploder", or whatever, was the person who would
inherit the king's job.

;-).

Cheers,
Bob Hettinga

Robert Hettinga ([email protected])
e$, 44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA
"Reality is not optional." --Thomas Sowell
The e$ Home Page: http://thumper.vmeng.com/pub/rah/