Re: Leahy bill nightmare scenario?

At 09:09 PM 3/11/96 -0800, Timothy C. May wrote:
>At 11:29 PM 3/11/96, jim bell wrote:
>
>>Welcome to prison, Tim.  Your optimism will serve you well, there.
>>
>>BTW, it is clear that you haven't yet read Mr. Junger's analysis of the
>>bill.  Nobody except a government stooge could read that and not wonder why
>>anybody would support that bill.  A complete re-write is called for.
>
>A question, Jim: do you _ever_ just respond calmly to a post you disagree
>with, or is everyone you disaagree a stooge, a cretin, an agent for the
>Feds, or someone who should be disposed of with your "assassination
>politics"?

What's your definition of "calmly."  I'm as "calm" as you can imagine. I
simply have not a shred of mercy in me for people who can't accept reality.

>Yes, I read Junger's analysis. A nice analysis. What does this have to do
>with the points I was making? I'm a government stooge, to use your terms,
>because of my points about hotel rooms?

Fortunately for me, Tim, and unfortunately for you, a friend of mine visited
me last night, an ex-cop who is now a cabbie (he left the force due to an
accident, slipping on glare ice chasing a "perp", which caused an inoperable
back injury).  Being a cabbie (in the same town he was a cop), and very
familiar with the "drug" and "prostitute" sections of town, I asked him
whether or not he was aware of a hotel or motel ever being siezed by the
govt. for "tolerating" drugs and/or prostitution.

His reply was that as we speak, he knows exactly where a motel has been
closed, locked up, and BARRICADED with _city_ signs and POLICE TAPE (you
know the kind, "Police line:  Do not cross.").  We're not talking of a
bankrupty, or a voluntary shutdown, either.  His understanding was that this
was on the news a while back.  Would you like the name and address?  I
didn't ask him for it, but I'm sure he'll be driving by it again
within the next week or so.

I accept your anticipated apology, Tim.

Jim Bell
[email protected]