Re: all.net

On Tue, 12 Mar 1996, Rich Graves wrote:

> At 04:55 PM 3/12/96 -0500, [email protected] wrote:
> >Has anyone else received one of these?
> >
> >> From: [email protected] (root)
> >>
> >> A user at your site has just attempted to telnet into our site without
> >> proper authorization.  We consider this inappropriate behavior and would
> >> like an explanation of this action as soon as possible.
> >> This message is generated automatically at the time of the attempted
> >> entry and is sent to our administrators and the postmaster at the
> >> machine making the attempt.  We have included any information provided
> >> by your ident daemon (if in use) on the subject line of this message.
> >> We also do a reverse finger for future reference.
> >>
> >> Fred Cohen - [email protected] - tel:US+216-686-0090

I would LOVE to see someone write a script to telnet repeatedly to this
site and run it from behind some nice firewall for several weeks.

But, that's just me talking.  Far be it from me to actually encourage
such horidly irresponsible behavior.

---
My prefered and soon to be permanent e-mail address: [email protected]
"In fact, had Bancroft not existed,       potestas scientiae in usu est
Franklin might have had to invent him."    in nihilum nil posse reverti
00B9289C28DC0E55  E16D5378B81E1C96 - Finger for Current Key Information